Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Swimming

On Memorial Day weekend, we went to a crawfish boil at one of my co-worker's house. IT was SO much fun! There was some really good food, and Brad was able to take Avery swimming! She had a blast with all the other kiddos.


I love these two pictures. She kept telling telling Daddy, "Throw me!" It was too cute!







Then the very next day, we went next door to our neighbors to grill some hamburgers and to swim again! This time Avery really enjoyed sliding down the slide into the water.

Now, if someone told me last summer that MY daughter would be sliding down herself into the pool AND SWIMMING by herself (well with floties on) I would have told you that you are crazy! Last summer we tried a couple of times to take her, and she would throw a FIT! Screaming hysterically, failing her arms and kicking her legs. IT was not fun to go swimming a year ago with her.
This summer it is a different story though. She absolutely LOVES to go swimming now. She even wants to swim on her own. She can float on her back and even blow bubbles under water. I think she is going to be a "fish" once the summer is over. I am so excited that she actually like it though, because I plan on going a lot! :)

No comments: