Friday, September 10, 2010

Big Girl Room

5 weeks! Thats all there is until I am full-term.... Where does the time go?

Once this was brought to my attention last week, the tears started to form because I was realizing we had done NOTHING for this baby yet. The swing, clothes, stroller, bottles, bassinet, etc. are all in the attic STILL. So, Brad simple said that we would started bring the stuff down so I could wash/go through it all. Then I started to cry again because where was I going to PUT everything?

This is when we decided it was time for Avery to move into her "big girl room". Mommy was trying to put this off as long as possible, but the time had come and Avery was excited!

Many hours have been spent looking for the right bedspread and room decor in the past few months, but nothing has stood out. So, on Sunday we we sent out to go buy everything, I was worried that we wouldn't find anything...I was right. We drove around to 10 different stores trying to find a cute light pink/purple/teal quilt that would fit a full bed...under $200. Impossible!

Frustration set in.

Do people not believe toddler sleeping in a full bed? Do they REALLY have to sleep in a twin only? We found PLENTY of quilts that would have worked, but they were twins. And it is not like I could just go online and order the full (like I thought on Sunday night). They don't even MAKE them in a full size. Whats up with that?

So, Monday morning I decided that it really wasn't that big of a deal and went back to Kohls were Avery fell in love with "the pink bed". Yep...Avery picked it out. Mommy wasn't too thrilled about the bubble gum pink color, but after shopping all day for a little girl's room I came to the realization that it was a LOT easier to buy pink stuff than to try and find anything in another color. Might as well just give in...

All girls have to have a pink room at some point right?

So here you go. Avery's PINK big girl room...





It is not 100% done, but it is getting there. I still want to get some more pillows (Brad is fighting me on this one like usual) and some hooks/pictures for her walls. But this will do for now, and Avery LOVES it! The first night, she was jumping on her bed yelling, "My pink bed! My pink bed! I love my pink bed!" To was too darn cute...
Now that she is moved out of the nursery, Mommy is working on pulling all the baby stuff down this weekend so I can go through it and wash what need to be washed. There is actually ROOM for it now, which makes Mommy feel like we have started to prepare for this baby....finally. :)

2 comments:

Cambrey said...

HA HA! Told you! I win!

Anonymous said...

SO cute and I love the pink...I think it's a must that ALL little girls have a pink room at some point! I did :) Hope Avery and mommy both enjoy some snuggle time in the new "big girl" bed! Congrats on being so close to your due date!!! It feels like eternity for us...Can't wait to know what you are having!