Monday, August 30, 2010

Almost There!

Before Avery went back to school, she was pretty much potty trained...well at least with tee tee. The whole poo poo thing was a different story. Then she started school a few weeks ago, and she went a little backwards with the whole potty thing. I guess it was hard on her for Mommy to actually be back at work and her go to school every day.

Once they made all the transitions last Monday, Avery was moved up to the "Terrific Twos I" room where she one the one and ONLY girl with 7 other little boys. The director told me that she was thinking about moving Avery up into the "Terrific Twos II" since she was already advanced for her age and it wasn't helping her to be in a room full of "behind" boys.

So, last Wednesday, Avery moved into the other TT room where she is now with kiddos about 6-9 months older than her. They are all 2, but will turn three sometime before March.

I was a little nervous for her to be with all the older 2's (just because of the potty thing) but I was REALLY happy when I went to pick her up on Wednesday and met her new teacher, Ms. Brittany. She was too funny... She asked me if it was okay if she put Avery's panties on over her pull ups so that she could get used to wearing them. I just started laughing and informed her about how she was ALMOST potty trained before I went back to work and how she has since gone backwards. Ms. Brittany was shocked to hear this, but said "tomorrow is going to be very different then."

And it was!

Thursday I went to pick Avery up and she had been wearing panties ALL day long. The same thing on Friday. She did have a poo poo accident on Friday right when I was picking her up, but was SO upset. She wouldn't stop crying and saying she was sorry. I felt HORRIBLE!

Needless to say, Mommy is liking this new room/teacher. There is one little girl that is completely potty trained and for right now, Ms. Brittany is working on getting Avery and another girl potty trained. She told me that she likes to focus on 2 kids at a time, and I am SO glad that Avery is one of them...even though she is by far the youngest.

As of right now, Avery is pretty much potty trained. She went again all day today wearing her panties. She even took a HUGE crap in her potty....all by herself. Daddy and I are so proud! :)

I am so sorry for this long post...all about poo poo and tee tee. But, when you have a two year old, this is pretty exciting!!!

No comments: