Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Kinley Rae Jameson

Wednesday, November 17th, 2010 - a truly special day to us, for on this day God gave us another beautiful little girl!
It all started at 4:30 that morning when we woke up to get dressed and to be at the hospital by 6 to be induced. Right at 5:50, we walked into the room and immediately the nurses started my IV and hooked me up to the monitors. By 6:20, I was having some pretty strong contractions.
Several hours later...it was time for the epidural! Around 10:00 I started to feel much better! This is a pictures of us after I could smile again. :)


Around 2:15, my nurse informed me that I was only 6 cm. This news did NOT make me happy! The pressure was starting to be unbearable, and I just remember thinking there is no way I can do this for another 2-3 hours.

At this time, my nurse also made me flip into a new position to try and get Kinley to face down instead of to the side like she was. Before she left, she told me to let her know if I continued to feel the pressure or if it got a lot stronger. After 2 contractions in this position, I couldn't stand the pressure any longer and had Brad tell her to come back in. When she checked me again, I was at 10 cm and ready to push.

Since I only pushed 4-5 times with Avery, they went ahead and called Dr. Romero. Good thing they did, because 3 pushes later we meet our baby girl at 2:44 in afternoon.

Kinley weighed 7 pounds 11 ounces and measured 20 inches long.
Before going out to the waiting room to tell everyone, Brad and I got to spend a few minutes alone with Kinley.

Then it was time for the grandparents to meet our new bundle of joy...

Once Uncle Kason got there with Avery, she was able to meet her little sister for the first time.

Over the next 2 days, we had a lot of family and friends come to the hospital to visit us. Avery continued to go to school, but Brad would bring her up around 3 each day. This is what she liked to do...

This picture shows how Avery would twist herself in the curtain and then fall over because she was so dizzy. She did this for a while! It was too funny!!

And of course she loved to hold "her baby sister". :)
Before we left, we had to get Avery hand print on the wall. I love how the hospital has all the older siblings put their hand prints on the wall with their younger sibling's name next to it. Avery had a fun time doing this!
Then on Friday morning, it was time to go home! Here were are feeding Kinley before getting walking downstairs to the car.
Things have been wonderful ever since we have gotten home! We are truly blessed!!!
Here is a video I created of Kinley's first 2 weeks at home. Enjoy!

No comments: